U n couple of weeks ago, I gave a talk (with his friend Giampiero Gelman) at the Politecnico di Milano, on the topic of talent management enterprise.
Giampiero and I have highlighted as an interpretation of humanistic leadership and, in general, a humanistic attitude, can facilitate effective talent management.
One participant asked right then:
as ever in Italy, where it dominates the humanities, there are few companies with an effective talent management?
Question in the sense unexceptionable.
response, I tried to highlight how the reasons are manifold, but mostly I tried to dismantle the idea that an attitude prevails in Italy-style humanism.
When it comes to humanistic attitude, usually means an attitude based on certain values:
- optimistic view of human nature
- exercise of individual freedom, especially in the autonomy of opinion
- strong sense of individual responsibility.
One who is widely considered the father of humanistic psychology, Maslow, speaks extensively in his works, particularly in the book Toward a Psychology of .
I it seems that the dominant culture in Italy is based on other values. At the conference, which I mentioned, I have proposed, in particular two, that nothing, absolutely nothing to do with the humanistic attitude, indeed, if ever, deny:
- familism
- rhetoric.
Malsopporto so much rhetoric that often Italian, following post provocative in this sense, in which exaggerate the challenge, I was criticized for not to love Italy and Italians, and someone I said if you do not like Italy You can also go .
I understand, but I do not have freely chosen to be born in Italy, I found there.
It 's true, I do not see us to say love Italy, I love Italians . A sentence like that is not mine, I would live to, precisely as rhetoric. But I love Italy and Italians, is this: is the place where I was born, are the people I grew up with. For this reason, it disturbs me to see this country move forward with the handbrake on. It upsets me to see a country repress his talents to adhere to his vices, particularly those of family and rhetoric, in fact.
What are the effects of a culture focused on these two values?
familism leads inevitably to search every field in the vicinity of ' friend of a friend and to remove the unknown. To protect the door in the family, clan, the consortium, and to discredit the current (sometimes discriminate) the non-belonging, is different.
familistic In the culture containing the germ of the benefit that becomes favoritism becomes Rate of exchange that can become, ultimately, the Mafia. In the culture familistic also contains the seeds of intolerance, dell'insofferenza to the different, ultimately racism.
Italian mafia and racism we actually know something, I think.
With this reality, what we really count? Very little on the edge of nothingness. Why?
Here replaces the second value of our culture: the rhetoric.
We Italians, good people with a heart of gold, we never hurt anyone, that we would hurt a fly, a nation of saints, poets and navigators, as we might have lead to some 'mafiosetti and a bit' racist?
rhetoric prevents us from coming to terms with our history and our collective behavior and to really build up our national identity.
Yet the Italians at the beginning of last century, we have been protagonists of the use of weapons of mass destruction (gas in this case) against poor defenseless people of North Africa, taking the total international isolation.
We have continued during the Fascist period, with the helpless people Eritrean.
We have also seen fit to support our ally in the Nazi extermination of Jews, homosexuals and gypsies, even enacting the infamous racial laws in Italy.
With that, we come to terms? We did, as did Germany, a profound examination of conscience? We have recited the mea culpa ? No, certainly not enough. Why? but because we Italians, people with heart in hand, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah ..... vabbeh it is true, we were allied with the Nazis, but in the end we were good. This is the sense of rhetoric.
Today, with this rhetoric, we closed his favor? No, not at all. In many Italian stadiums will hiss and insult black players. But it is only by typhoid are girls of color Balotelli ... The player is usually the chorus apostrophised 're just a nigger nigger and the only reaction you get is that some commentators are outraged because it is true that Balotelli is black, but he is Italian (sic).
When Qaddafi in recent months, came to visit in Italy, as part of the sacrosanct arrangements of permanent peace and end of each dispute, strongly desired by the Prime Minister, was the outrageous (to the right and left) the very idea that Gadhafi could speak to the Senate. Qaddafi had affisa the jacket picture of a Libyan martyr, who died during the war of resistance to the Italian colonial. Well, right and left, became the scandal of defining what that character, not a freedom fighter, but a antiitaliano (sic) In those days, the newspaper Libero titrated A Bedouin al Quirinale . At the time there was no black facet perhaps shame.
vabbeh But, come on, is the colorful language of the Italians, good people with heart in hand.
In this country, no supporting documents to a foreigner (which also applies to secure a U.S. or Japanese?) Is considered a crime comparable to the crime of mafia association and terrorism. Yes, but you know, are the Northern League, good people, hard workers, people colorful ......
One could go on and on. I bring my own personal battle, but often provocative, to highlight the harmful effects of familism and rhetoric, just because I want the good of our country.
It 's a lonely battle? Enough, but not completely.
These days the book was released Negri queer Jews & Co. 's eternal war against the' other Gian Antonio Stella. Try to go beyond rhetoric, to consciousness. Incorporates the themes of his previous The horde, whose introduction provocative title: B el country, ugly people-The removal of a history of light, shadow, shame
Bravo Star, the your voice, much more authoritative than mine, will be heard.
0 comments:
Post a Comment